Spotting Opportunities...How limited is your vision?

I am reading this book - okay those of you who know me - it is one of 10 books I am really reading. At the moment I need to make some very critical decisions in my personal life. This is from Goal Mapping - how to trun your dreams into realities - by Brian Mayne. I chose it because it has some great mind mapping visual examples.

The first step to making a decision or overcoming a challenge - is to raise your awareness, the author says. This means I need to raise my awareness of myself, my current situation, the likely outcomes of my action or inaction. But... this awareness if just my personal viewpoint - a paradigm or belief. If I don't want to come at the future from the past, I need to access my heart, feel what my gut says, and not just go through the logic or intellect as I can tend to do. I am diverting... what I really want to share is some of these quotes he offers, particularily the first...

Every man takes the limits of his vision, for the limits of the world. Arthur Schopenhauer

No comments:

Post a Comment